Welcome to studentrugby.com home of the Irish Colleges Rugby Union, here you will find all you need to know about Rugby within Colleges all around Ireland. |
Institute of Technology win all three Divisions. posted on 23/03/12 by Brendan Johnston
Division 1 Photos
Division 2 Photos
Division 3 Photos
It was a good day for IT Carlow's Rugby club yesterday (22 March) at the
Mardyke, UCC as their senior men teams claimed all three CUSAI IRFU Men's
College's Rugby League division titles.
The day got off to a perfect start for IT Carlow with a hard fought 21
10 win over a committed NCI team in the Division 3 final. This victory was
quickly followed up by a 20 points to 8 win over ITT Dublin; however the
final scoreline does not reflect the huge effort put in by the IT Tallaght
IT Carlow's dominance of this year's senior league was complete with a
brilliant 23 20 win over Athlone IT in the Division 1 final. The final
scoreline of 23 20 is a good indicator to how close this match was
throughout with Carlow just holding out in what was an excellent game of
Next up now for IT Carlow Rugby club in the CUSAI IRFU Mens Colleges
League is the final of the Fresher's O Boyle Cup where they take on NUI
New arrangements for 3rd Level rugby posted on 30/09/11 by Brendan Johnston
To inform you that the Colleges and Universities Sports Association of Ireland (CUSAI)are now administering the Freshers Leagues and also Division 1,2 and 3 as previously organised by the Irish Colleges Rugby Union.
O'Boyle 'Freshers' Cup Final posted on 18/04/11 by Brendan Johnston
O'Boyle Freshers Final
Athlone Institute of Technology25 v Institute of Technology, Carlow45
on Tuesday 19th April at Portlaoise RFC report
IT Carlow win Division 1,Cork IT win Division 2 and NCI win Division 3 1, posted on 13/04/11 by Brendan Johnston
Irish Colleges Rugby Union Finals
Institute of Technology,Carlow 30 v Athlone Institute of Technology 17
Institute of Technology,Carlow are the ICRU Division 1 champions after they ran in five tries to brush aside Athlone Institute of Technology in a terrific final at the Cork IT campus yesterday evening.more
Division 2 Final
Cork Institute of Technology 22 V Institute of Technology,Carlow 17
Cork IT recorded a tremendous five point win over Carlow IT 'A' to claim the ICRU Division 2 title after a tense 80 minutes of rugby that didn't really ignite until after half-time.more
Division 3 Final
National College of Ireland 18 v Institute of Technology,Carlow 9
National College of Ireland were deservedly crowned ICRU Division 3 winners at Cork Institute of Technology on Wednesday afternoon as the imperious Alan McGinty stole the show in an 18-9 win over Institute of Technology,Carlow 'B' at Cork IT yesterday.more
Finals of Division 1,2 and 3 ser for Cork IT posted on 09/04/11 by Brendan Johnston
Hi to All,
We are now close to the end of our playing season with Division 1,Division 2 and Division 3 Finals scheduled for Cork Institute of Technology next Wednesday 13th April and semi-finals of the O' Boyle Freshers scheduled for Thursday 14th April and Final of the O'Boyle Freshers scheduled for Tuesday 19th April (venue to be decided)
I look forward to meeting you in Cork,if you can make it next Wednesday.
Wednesday 13th April
Division 3 Final
National College of Ireland VS. Institute of Technology,Carlow
at Cork Institute of Technology Sports Stadium ko 2.30pm
Division 2 Final
Cork Institute of Technology VS.Institute of Technology,Carlow
at Cork Institute of Technology Sports Stadium ko 4.30pm*
Division 1 Final
Athlone Institute of Technology, VS. Institute of Technology,Carlow* at Cork Institute of Technology Sports Stadium ko 6.30pm
Thursday 14th April
Freshers (O'Boyle Cup) Semi Finals
Thursday 14th April
Freshers (O'Boyle Cup) Semi Finals
Carlow IT Home to NUI Maynooth
Athlone IT home to Waterford IT
Tuesday 19th April
Freshers (O'Boyle Cup) Final
(Venue to be decided)
Semi-Finals for 6th and Thursday 7th April posted on 03/04/11 by Brendan Johnston
Carlow IT 62 V University of Ulster@ Coleraine 12
Athlone IT 60V NUI Maynooth 14
Cork IT 32 V GMIT 21
North West Institute 15 V Carlow IT 'B' 29 photos
Athlone Institute of Technology 'B' 10V Institute of Technology Carlow 'C' 27
National College of Ireland 70 V Dublin Institute of Technology 'B' 24
Freshers (O'Boyle Cup)
Carlow IT V NUI Maynooth at IT Carlow ko 7pm
Athlone IT home to Waterford IT scheduled for week beginning 11th April
League Quarter-Finals posted on 29/03/11 by Brendan Johnston
Irish Colleges Rugby Union
Division 1 Quarter-Finals on Wednesday 30th March
Waterford Institute of Technology 15 v University of Ulster at Coleraine 26
Dublin City University 31 v NUI-Maynooth 38
Division 2 Quarter-Finals on Wednesday 30th March
University of Ulster@Jordonstown7 v Galway/Mayo Institute of Technology 22
North West Regional College v Stranmillis College walkover to NWRC Stranmillis on Teaching Practice
Institute of Technology Carlow'B' 73 V Institute of Technology Tralee at 2.30pm13
University of Limerick and institute of Technology,Carlow are winners in CUSAI Women's rugby finals posted on 25/03/11 by Brendan Johnston
University of Limerick defeat University College Cork in the Women,s Rugby CUSAI Division 1 Final 7-5.
Institute of Technology,Carlow are winners in Division 2 defeating Institute of Technology,Traleephotos
Division 1,2 ,3 and O'Boyle Freshers play-offs posted on 21/03/11 by Brendan Johnston
Summary of Division 1 Section A
1. Institute of Technology Carlow 1st. Home semi-final on Wednesday 6th April.
2. Waterford Institute of Technology 2nd Home quarter-final against the third placed team of Division 1B on Wednesday 30th March.
3. National University of Ireland Maynooth 3rd Away quarter-final against the second placed team of Division 1B to be played on Wednesday 30th March.
Summary of Division 1 Section B
1. Athlone Institute of Technology 1st.Home semi-final to be played on Wednesday 6th April.
2. Dublin City University 27University.of Ulster Coleraine 25
3. Result of this fixture will determine second and third placed team.
4. Second placed team will play home to NUI Maynooth on Wednesday 30th March
5. 3rd Placed team quarter-final against Waterford IT to be played on Wednesday 30th March. .
Summary of Division 2-North
1. University of Ulster @Jordonstown 'B' 1st.Home semi-final against the team who come second in Division 2 West, to be played on Wednesday 30th March.
2. Stranmillis University College2nd Away semi-final against the team who win Division 2 West, to be played on Wednesday 30th March.
Summary of Division 2-South
1. Cork Institute of Technology 1st.Home semi-final V Salynoggin College.
2. Institute of Technology, Tralee 2nd Away semi-final against the team who win Division 2 East, to be played on Wednesday 30th March.
Summary of Division 2-East
1 Institute of Technology,Carlow 1st
2. Sallynoggin College 76 Institute of Technology, Tallaght49 Sallynoggin College 2nd and play Cork Institute of Technology
Institute of Technology,Carlow will have a home semi-final against Tralee IT to be played on 6th April.
2. IT Tallaght or Sallynoggin College will have an away semi-final against Cork IT to be played on 6th April.
Summary of Division 2-West
1. North West Regional College 1st.Home semi-final against Stranmillis University College, to be played on Wednesday 30th March.
2. Galway/Mayo Institute of Technology2nd Away semi-final against Univ of Ulster @Jordonstown 'B', to be played on Wednesday 30th March.
Summary of Division 3-Group A
1. Athlone Institute of Technology must play DCU at DCU (original fixture as of 1st December). This match must be played on or before 30th March
2. St Patrick's Drumcondra 10 Dublin Institute of Technology 'B' 69
3. Assuming both matches are played, the table will be decided on 30th March with the following permutations.
a. If Athlone Institute of Technology and St. Pats College of Education win, Athlone (12 points) top the group with St. Pats (9 points) second.
b. If DCU win and St. Pats St. Pats College of Education win, a three way tie will result at the top of the table (9 points each) with winners and second place decided by points difference based only on the scores in the matches involving the three teams.
c. If DCU win and DIT win, DCU top the group (9 points) and Athlone come second. (also 9 points but DCU will have a better head to head against Athlone)
d. If Athlone win and DIT win Athlone win the group (12 points) and a three way tie will result for second place (6 points each) with second place decided by points difference based only on the scores in the matches involving the three teams.
4. Winners of the group have a home semi-final against second placed team of Division 3B to be played 6th April
3. Second place in the group have an away semi-final against winners of Division 3B be played 6th April
Summary of Division 3-Group B
2. National College of Ireland 1st Home semi-final against second placed team of Division 3A to be played 6th April
3. Instit of Tech, Carlow 2nd Away semi-final against winners of Division 3A be played 6th April
O'Boyle' Cup Fresher’s Competition
1. Limerick Institute of Technology 0 v Waterford Institute 20
2. Cork Institute of Technology 7 v Institute of Technology Carlow 50
3. Winners of the group have a home semi-final against second placed team of
Group B to be played 6th April
4. Second placed in the group have an away semi-final against winners of
Group B be played 6th April
1. Athlone must play at NUI Maynooth on Wednesday 23rd March.
2. Winners of that will play Jordanstown on 30th March to decide group.
3. Final play off match on 30th March venue as per original fixture (i.e.If Maynooth win, Maynooth at home to Jordanstown, If Athlone win, Jordanstown at home to Athlone.
4. Winners of the group have a home semi-final against second placed team of Group A to be played 6th April
5. Second Placed in the group have an away semi-final against winners of Group A be played 6th April
Leinster Colleges win 5th InterProvincial title posted on 16/03/11 by Brendan Johnston
The newly opened Waterford Institute of Technology Sports Complex at Carrighanore Waterford was the venue for Irish Colleges Interprovincial Colleges rugby final yesterday.photos
Leinster were in pursuit of their fifth InterPro title started the game in rippling form making repeated attacks on the Munster line before notching up their first score with a try by Martin O Neill in the 15 minute . It took Munster 20minutes to come into the game only to have another try scored against them by Leinster's Rob Duke in the 27 minute and another in the 32 minute by Martin O Neill converted by Callum Southgate. Munster's first try came in the 35 minute, scored by Sean Hurley followed by a try by Michael Dean in the 37 minute with one conversion by Brian Mullins leaving the score at half time 19-12 to Leinster Colleges.
In the second half, Leinster built up a sizeable gap by scoring tries in the 43minute(Dean Landy),the 47 minute (Ben Woods) and the 55 minute(David Hegarty) with one conversion by Callum Southgate leaving the score after 55 minutes at 36-12 for Leinster Colleges.The decisive period for Munster Colleges was in the 62 minute when Munster abandoned caution and played some attractive rugby with Kevin Hodnet going over for a try ,converted by Brian Mullins. Munster again scored in the 64 minute and 79 minute both tries scored by Sean Hogan with two conversions by Brian Mullins leaving the full time score at 36-33 for Leinster Colleges. Munster Colleges: Steven Harvey (IT,Carlow,),Michael Dean LIT, Mick O Shea LIT,GarryowenRFC, Simon Nelson, Waterford I T,(Wicklow RFC), Jason Thong IT(Tralee RFC), Brian Mullins IT,Tralee(Garryowen RFC), Ronan Barry Cork IT(UCC RFC), AN Other), Sean Hurley IT,Tralee(Tralee RFC),Colm Walsh Cork IT (Waterpark RFC),Stephen Melbourne, Limerick IT (Thomond RFC),Sean Hogan, WIT (Old Crescent),Kevin Hodnet, Limerick IT (Old Crescent),Anthoney Grey LIT(Nenagh) ,John Mc Carthy, Cork IT(UCC),
Replacements::Niall Gorry (Limerick IT,(Nass RFC),Eoghan Anderson, IT, Tralee (Clonmel RFC),Lorcan Smith Waterford I T, (Waterpark RFC) ,Stephen Duffy Waterford I T, (Wicklow RFC),Graham Claxton Waterford IT (Waterpark RFC),Paul Molloy Waterford IT, (Waterpark RFC),Mike O'Shea Limerick IT (Garryowen RFC),Brian Collins , Limerick I T, (St Sennans RFC),
Leinster:Robbie Waters IT Carlow(Newbridge RFC),Ben Woods DCU(Old Belvedere),Matt Sanderson IT Carlow(IT Carlow),Martin O Neill IT Carlow(WaterparkRFC)Niall Nolan ITCarlow(Clondakin RFC),Bryan Croke IT Carlow(Clondakin RFC),Sam Sutton IT Carlow(Naas RFC),David HegartyIT Carlow,(ClontarfRFC),Chris Tonge NCI(Skerries RFC),Grant Wattleworth IT Carlow(IT Carlow),John Sothern IT Carlow(Newbridge RFC,Dean Landy IT Carlow(Clonakilty RFC),Wesley Wojnar ITCarlow(IT Carlow),Rob Duke ITCarlow(Terenure RFC),Dylan Fawsitt IT,Tallagh (Greystones RFC),
Replacementsan O Byrne IT Carlow (IT Carlow),Dean Lynch IT Carlow(IT Carlow) A.N Other,Donagh O Shea IT Carlow(IT Carlow),Des Kenny (IT Carlow(ITCarlow),Colin Sheridan IT Carlow(St Marys RFC),Callum Southgate IT Carlow(IT Carlow),Peter Toal IT Carlow(IT Carlow)
Referee: Kevin Beggs(IRFU) Assistant Referees:Glen Hughes,Gerry Coyne